So a couple of weeks ago I purchased the 24k Nudes palette from Maybelline and today was the first day I used it. I swatched it, but I didn’t have the chance to create a look around it. And I was thinking…why not do this today. What I had in mind was a gold-goddessy kinda look, with a sharp eyeliner and full on mascara and falsies. Well….THAT did NOT happen because as I swatched again the palette I fell in love with the green-sparkly eye shadow and I wanted to make a look around it, so I ended up doing a halo makeup using the green eyeshadow and the gold one.
The palette has 12 eyeshadow, enough to create lots of looks, 3 of them are matte and the rest have glitter/sparkly particles with gold like reflexes in them. I love the pigmentation from the matte shadows and the sparkly shadows are more velvety than I thought. I’ve had some eyeshadow that also had gold like particles in them and they felt reeeaaaly rough when I wanted to blend them, and all the gold fell from the eyelid. But this situation did not happen with this palette, so thumbs up for that!
The eye look:
First I applied the nude-beige shadow (no.1) all over the lid and used it as a transition color, then slowly started to build up the brown shadow (no.2) above the lid. After all was blended, I applied the green shadow (no.3), in my inner corner and outer corner of the eyes and then blended it into the brown shadow. At the end I applied the gold shade in the center of the lid, softly blended it into the green and last but not least, I highlighted the inner corner of the eye with the champagne colored shadow (no.5). I did the same steps on the lower lid of the eye and finished the look with 2 coats of mascara.
The final look:
- W7 Prime Magic camera Ready
- Maybelline Fit Me Matte and Poreless shade 102 & L’oreal Indefectible 24h-Matt shade 13
- NYX HD concealer shade Fair
- NYX Microbrow pencil shade Taupe
- Max Factor Translucent loose powder
- Douglas Magic palette for contour and blush
- Melkior Professional illuminating powder shade Spring Shine
- Maybelline 24k Nudes palette
- Rimmel London Extreme black Wonder’full Mascara
- NYX Ombre lip duo shade Freckles&Speckles
- NYX Soft Matte lip cream shade Stockholm
- NYX Matte finish
Please let me know if you enjoyed this look, and don’t forget to follow me on Instagram and Facebook!